Sunday, September 2, 2012

LEGOS  LEGOS  LEGOS...........A SEA OF LEGOS

OMG....just home from Lego Fest.  Cole, Cross and I had tickets and since Cross, almost 5 years, is lego possessed,  off we go.  We meet at I Hop for breakfast and to fuel up on coffee and sugar before we undertake such a mission.  Cross was soooooo happy about his adventure.  We were able to park on the street not to far from the convention center and walk a couple of blocks in the nice morning bustle of other Lego enthusiast.  We did not have to wait more than 10 minutes until they opened the gates to Cross Heaven.

I wish for everyone to see a child (or anyone for that matter) with so much joy on their face for such a prolonged period of time. Cross was in awe but not so much that it stopped him from running from one station to the next.  He didn't even have to talk, he would just run to "something" and stare at it and then look at us with eyes that said "Can you believe this?" Everything was perfect, until......we came to the Lego store.   Okay so we broke his heart and did not let him buy everything he wanted, but in fact he already owns a great many of the things that were offered.  But we did put a dent in the ye old credit card, some things we are keeping until his birthday but he went home with 2 kits to assemble, a tee shirt, and a storage bag (this was bought with Mom in mind so she doesn't run right over and kill granny), we also have a few wall posters and some mini figures.  We did take a few minutes off for a Power Aid stop to replenish our energy.

The highlight for me was seeing him in the "Lego Brick Pile" probably a 500 sq.ft. area of space that is just Lego pieces on the floor.  Let loose your imagination.  Kids were making "Lego Angles" in the stuff.  I buried Cross up to his neck and it looked as tho that was where he would like to take his nap. After about 2 hours he called it quits and said he was ready to go home, I think he would have stayed longer but we refused to let him open his new toys and assemble them there so home was the only option.  I wonder how many Legos walk out the door unpaid for, I know I had to shake my shoes out more than once.

That made for a great morning and I am looking forward to a great evening.  Lyle Lovett tonight, Cord is taking his dear old mom to the show.  Cord likes Lyle but Anne is not a big enough fan to come back into town from Horseshoe Bay and drive back out.  Anne's family has the most amazing place ever on Horseshoe Bay.  Anne's dad, Scott, is a boat enthusiast, and not just any boats but antique wood "Chris Craft" boats.  He has some of the most beautiful boats I have ever seen, I will take a guess and say he has 5, I know he had at least 4 the last time I was out, and it seems he bought another one.  They can all  be seen from the living rooms of the main house.  I would bet on weekends and especially holiday weekend like today there are people lined up just to look at the boats from the water.

I think I might break my own rule and take a nap during the day, if I ever go to sleep when I am putting any of the grand kids down, and I am talking even 15 minutes, I am out of luck when it comes to sleeping at night.  I will be awake all and I mean ALL night.  But for some reason Lego Land has  put me into a sleepy trance and I think I will risk the danger so I can truly enjoy Lyle without falling on my face.

Have a great and SAFE Labor Day

jeannette

No comments:

Post a Comment